Speaker: Raul Rabadan
Moderator: Hossein Khiabanian
Topics covered during this webinar:
• Dr. Rabadan’s recent book “Understanding Coronavirus”
• Basic biology and evolution of viruses infecting humans such as coronaviruses or influenza.
• Virus genomes, their hosts, how they infect cells and how they replicate and under what circumstances
they can cause pandemics.
• Detailed discussion of the virus SARS-COV-2 that causes the disease Covid-19, and its relationship to other
previous SARS viruses
• Studying this virus using quantitative methods.